Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The Beginning of NaBloPoMo for Dressage Mom

Because of NaBloPoMo, I'm going to try and post every day for the month of November. I might not make it, but I'm going to try.

Anyway, I can't wait to get on my horse tomorrow. It's been at least two weeks since I was able to ride him and actually have a decent workout. He's been feeling better and better so I hope that he feels good tomorrow. I have about 3 more weeks to go on the vet's two month time frame where I look to see improvement. I think I have already seen that improvement, so that makes me hopeful.

My next problem will be deciding if Kaswyn will be able to take the stress of training at his previous level. If he can't, I'm just going to have to retire him. Maybe I'll retire him for a year and then try and bring him back. The problem with that is he'd be 16, and he'd have to train very hard to get back to this level after a year off. I'm not sure if his body could take that kind of stress. So when and if I decide to retire him it will be for keeps. I think. It's just so hard when you have such a talented, willing, well-trained horse. I can't describe the feeling I get when we do a perfect half-pass or piaffe. Not only does it feel amazing, but I also know inside that my horse enjoys it too. Giving that up won't be easy. Lets hope I don't have to.

One last thing - Happy Halloween!



Macey the Bee



Lily the Pink Care Bear (Wish Bear, I think)

2 comments:

Lil Kate said...

Lily looks just THRILLED to be in costume. ;) Both girls look adorable. I hope they had fun trick-or-treating.

Tina said...

I'm starting up an old, rusty, 27 yr old Thoroughbred...who used to school Gran Prix, but hasn't been ridden past 2nd for the past 8-9 years, and hardly ridden at that. So far, he seems thrilled, getting so excited that he's offering movements that I don't know how to do! I have a heck of a time getting him out of a pirouette, and he occasionally does a piaffe in the crossties as we're saddling. If he can do it, Kaswyn can do it!

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr