Thursday, November 09, 2006

If it smells like poop then it probably is...

Yep. Feces. Fine in the potty, but bad on the basement floor.

Since Craig has already said it much better than I could, jump over here and read the whole story.

We are usually able to work something out between Craig and I when something in the house needs fixing and one of us needs to be home to meet the repair-people. Luckily I was able to scoot out of work today and wait for the plumber.

And wait.

And wait.

I was told someone would be at our house "between 11 and 2". Fine! I got home a little before 11 so I could move everything out of the way of the drains. I got a call at 11:10 saying someone will be there shortly. Then another call at 11:20 saying there was an emergency so they'll call me when they are done with that and on their way to my place. Yeah, okay. At 12:30, they say they're 30 minutes away. They show up at 1:30. I guess they forgot to figure in time for Taco Bell.

Hey buddy, Yo quero fixa my pipes? Get your ass over here!

Anyhow, a few hours, a fiberoptic camera, and a drain snake later, we'll be having our front yard dug up on Tuesday to replace the drain pipe. At least that should solve the water and funky smell in the basement.

When I picked up the girls today, I told Lily that I was sad. She looked at me and said "You aren't sad! You have kids!"

So true.

1 comment:

Lil Kate said...

Your children are HILARIOUS. Witty and clever, I tell you! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your repairs go smoothly and that nothing else goes wrong for many many years.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr