Monday, November 27, 2006

Lameness and a party

Today I called the vet's office to schedule an appointment for Dr. B. to come out and see Kaswyn. The gal I spoke with told me that she'd leave a message with scheduling and they'd get back to me. I kind of thought she meant today, since I called this morning. But apparently I was mistaken.

This is not the first time I've had a problem getting an appointment. It's not a problem if you want to see any of the other vets, or if you want to take your horse to the clinic. It's just Dr. B. I find this very frustrating. Hopefully I can get an appointment tomorrow.

Anyhow, I want Dr. B. to look at Kaswyn again because he still is not right. He's taking short strides with that left front leg again, and has been for two weeks. He did yank that left front shoe off about 10 days ago, so it's possible that he bruised the foot or has an abcess going on in there. I'm not convinced that it's an abcess, but I'll put medicine on his foot and wrap it at night until I can get the vet out to see him. If it is an abcess, hopefully the meds will coax the infection out of the hoof and relieve the pain. If it's not an abcess, then the meds will do nothing. They won't hurt either, so I'll give it a shot.

On a completely different subject, just a few minutes ago Craig and I were standing in the kitchen when Lily ran by. Craig smelled something questionable, so he grabbed her and went to do a poop check.

CRAIG: Lily, what's going on here in your pants?
LILY: (shrugs and smiles) It's just a party.
Craig: A party? In your pants?
LILY: Yeah! (runs out of the room)

Just as she said that I had taken a drink of water and was just about the swallow. I had to spit the water in the sink so I wouldn't choke. She cracks me up.

2 comments:

craig said...

That still makes me laugh. My daughter had a party in her pants. Who knew?

jkroy said...

WOW...Lilly always makes me laugh

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr