Monday, November 20, 2006

Is it Monday again? Yay!

On Monday nights, my friend Meghan and her son Oscar come over for dinner and a play date. Craig usually comes home late because he takes a yoga class at work, so this works out very well for everyone. The girls and Oscar get to play together, and Meghan and I get to hang out and relax a little. And sometimes, drink beer. Well, usually drink beer. Me more than her because she has to drive home.

On Saturday Lily suddenly burst into tears while I was at work. Craig asked her what was wrong, and she said "I miss Oscar! Is Oscar coming over? Please Daddy, can he come over?"

He told her no, that Oscar wasn't coming over, but that he'd be over in a few days. She whined a little and eventually got over it, but it really makes me wonder what suddenly made her pine for that little kid.

So tonight I'm looking forward to free entertainment for the girls, some adult conversation (albeit, sometimes pretty juvenile when it comes to Meghan and I), and a cold beers.

4 comments:

Lil Kate said...

I hope you all have a great time. I bet the kids are even more entertaining after a few beers. ;)

craig said...

Eh, those kids can't hold their booze. More than one each and they're passed out on the floor.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I just noticed you're in South Euclid. I'm originally from University Heights (Chesterland now). I used to ride at Brick Hills, Blue Lakes, Andrews, Scenic Run and Royal Pointe. Anyway, I'm sure that's all interesting, but I thought that it was neat that you lived close to me and may know some of the same trainers I do.

Dressage Mom said...

I'm not familiar with Brick Hills or Royal Pointe, but I do know the other barns. Never boarded at any of them though, so I don't think we've ever met. If you've been to dressage shows then I might recognize you, or, more likely, your horse!

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr