Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Nothing exciting

I have no update on Kaswyn's progress. This is because I haven't really ridden him in two weeks. He lost his right front shoe, and the blacksmith couldn't get out for a week. I'm sure I could have had another blacksmith tack the shoe on, but I'm funny about having anyone but J touch Kaswyn's feet. So, we had a week of bareback riding at the walk, with a few trot steps here and there so I could get an idea if he was taking even strides. He seemed to be very even and comfortable.

The day that Kaswyn got his shoe back on I flew out to California for 5 days to visit friends and to go to my 20th high school reunion. I hadn't been to any of the other reunions, and decided I wanted to go to this one. I only keep in contact with one friend from high school - K. She did not want to go. I finally talked her into going, but we still had a backup plan of going somewhere else if the whole thing sucked. We ended up having a lot of fun, and went to a bar with a bunch of people after the party hall kicked us all out. She was glad that we went, and I'm sure we'll be going to the 25 year reunion.

It was really nice to see all my friends. Lately I've been on a mission to get in touch with people that I've not talked to in years. I was able to reconnect with one of these people on this trip. We rode together at first, but then we started hanging out and driving up to San Francisco to get into trouble. We were too young to get into bars, but we still found ways of entertaining ourselves without spedning a lot of money, since we were both broke most of the time. She looks exactly the same! We had lunch in San Francisco, and it was like we never stopped talking. Unfortunately we didn't have a lot of time to spend together, but we'll try and get together next time I'm in CA.

Although it was nice to spend 5 days in California, I'm ready to get back to riding. Normally I would ride Kaswyn today, but Lily is home with a fever. Craig stayed home with her yesterday, and really had to get to work today. I hate calling off of work, but I didn't really have a choice. Anyhow, I won't be riding but I need to stop by the barn with Lily and fix Kawsyn's supplements for the next week. Hopefully I'll get to ride on Thursday and we can see how he's doing.

No comments:

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr