Sunday, November 04, 2007

Hoping for two more days of sun

Yes, gentle readers, you get to read today another riveting story about how I must hand walk Kaswyn. Because that is all I am doing. Believe me, it's just as exciting to read about it as it is to do it. So suck it up, cause I'm sick of it too.

Anyhow, I'd been avoiding walking him down to driveway because they had just filled in some potholes with rather large gravel and I didn't want to add a stone bruise to our list of issues. However the last two days have been cold, but incredibly sunny and just beautiful so I couldn't bring myself to walk him inside yet again.

And I'm really glad I decided on going down the driveway, because for some reason Kaswyn doesn't try any monkey business when we're outside. It's very peaceful, and we both get to enjoy a nice walk. We go down to the end of the driveway (I don't know how long it is, maybe a quarter of a mile?), turn around, and then I let him to graze his way back to the barn along the sides of the driveway, which are full of really nice grass.

It's been so pleasant. I hope the weather lasts just a few more days so we can keep going outside for our walks. I'll be riding him Tuesday. And I think they're predicting light snow Tuesday night.

1 comment:

EquineSpirit said...

Awwww...sounds like some nice memorable times! I love taking "D" for walks...it's so relaxing and a lot of fun. We talk...or I should say...I talk...and he listens. :D It's such a stress reliever!

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr