Thursday, June 04, 2009

Pre-show

Yesterday was hectic!

I had a full schedule of things to do at work, and then I had a bunch of stuff to do at the barn. First I rode Kaswyn, and he felt very good. I didn't ask him to collect or anything since yesterday was supposed to be a light ride, but he didn't feel off anymore behind. Then he got clipped and got a bubble bath.

Next was Skyy. I wasn't going to have time to ride him, so he got clipped and bathed. He was better about both than I had hoped. I thought maybe he'd be scared of the clippers but he let me clip his birdlepath, muzzle, and even the feathers on his fetlocks. He wasn't happy about getting his face washed (who is?) but he let me do it without too much fussing. Unfortunately just as I was rinsing him the guys pulled into the parking lot with a bunch of big equipment and started banging around like crazy. Skyy was pretty scared but managed to keep it together. I had a bag of carrots so I kept biting them into little pieces and giving them to him. That kept him occupied and his mind off of the racket long enough for me to finish and get him out. I was very proud that he held it together, since he dislikes both the washrack and loud, banging noises that he can't see.

Next Bert got clipped, but then I ran out of time and I had to go. Susan will bathe him today.

There is still so much to do! Grain needs to be bagged up, hay loaded in the truck, tack and buckets and brushes and other equipment needs to get in the trailer, all that stuff. Luckily my boss is going to let me go early so I can get to the barn and help Susan with the remaining stuff. I'm hoping to pull out of our barn at 2:00. That might be really optimistic, but we'll see. Since we have to get there, unload, set up, and then I have three to school I'd like to get started as early as possible so that I'm not there until 9:00 tonight.

Here are my ride times, which don't seem bad at all -

Friday 8:45 AM Skyy Training 1
12:51 PM Kaswyn Fourth 3
1:57 PM Albert First 4
Saturday 9:59 AM Skyy Training 1
11:14 AM Kaswyn Fourth 3
4:42 PM Albert Training 4
Sunday 11:53 AM Kaswyn PSG
2:12 PM Albert First 4
3:17 PM Skyy Training 2

The weather is supposed to be very nice Friday and Saturday- partly cloudy, low to mid 70's. However, Sunday is supposed to be 80 degrees and a few showers. Ugh, I might be showing in the rain. Everyone hates that.

I'll try and update every night, but no promises. I think I'll be kinda tired!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go girl go! C

Katee said...

Have a great time at the show! Hopefully you continue to feel healthier and stronger, the rain holds off and all three pretty horses behave themselves. Good Luck!

Stephanie - Siouxzeegirl Designs said...

Good Luck!! Have fun and hope you are feeling a bit better.

Those ride times are pretty good, nothing seems too close together.

Beckz said...

Good luck for the show. Thats a lot of tests to learn.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! That is quite a full schedule. I am sure that I am not the only one who will be anxiously awaiting your results. I am so glad that you are able to continue showing....

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr