Wednesday, April 07, 2010

A good day

Yesterday I had two wonderful rides on the ponies.

Albert was first and he was very good. He is still shedding so he had a lot of hair, and with it being warmer out he got pretty sweaty before we had even done much. The trot work is really very nice but I need some help with the canter. He is still bearing down on the bit, especially in the right lead canter. I can get him sitting a bit more in the left lead canter, but he has a hard time holding it. I can understand that he needs to build those carrying muscles, but to the right I think he's crooked and that makes it harder for him to sit and push behind.

Before I rode Kaswyn I checked his back and haunches and couldn't find any soreness. Yippee! He felt fine when I rode him but he was also a little lazy. That, of course, makes me nervous. I decided to just go 15 minutes with him, just in case the laziness was a result of some discomfort that he was feeling somewhere. There was no soreness after the ride, so that's a good thing.

Tomorrow Dr. C will come out again and check Kaswyn. I'm predicting there will be no needles - not in his back or in his hocks. I hope I'm right.

1 comment:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad you had a nice ride. Hope there is nothing wrong and there's no needles in Kaswyn's future.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr