Wednesday, January 11, 2012

January "Keep It Going" Weekly Post #2

January Weekly Post #2! Stronger than last week, but still, nothing you haven't thought of yourself...

Just Do It

In most parts of the country, winter changes how we ride. It’s cold. It’s dark. Your horse has more hair than a yak, and you’re stuffed into heavy coats with pockets filled with tissues to wipe your runny nose on. Some days it seems easier to stay at home and curl up with a good book.

But on those days when you think you can’t possibly pull on those boots, and make that drive, just get it done anyway. You’ll feel better once you get out there,and both you and your horse will benefit from it. You can crank the heater on your drive home and feel warmed by the fact that you made progress.

3 comments:

Ms Martyr said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one with a pocket full of tissues. Half the time I've got the reins in one hand while I'm trying to blow my nose one-handed with the other. Then there's the times I have to go back in the arena after a lesson to collect the tissues that have fallen out of my pocket during the lesson. Somehow the cute kids never seem to have this problem - why is that?

V. Viola said...

You're right! I'm sitting here reading your lovely blog because I've missed my barn window tonight. Thanks for the discipline reminder. PS, Indeed my xtra britches etc are in the car.

Achieve1dream said...

I'm lucky I don't have to drive anywhere. Reading this reminds me how awesome that is lol. It also means I get out to see my boy at least twice a day to feed regardless of the weather so it shouldn't be too difficult to add riding to that when he's ready. :)

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr