Monday, March 02, 2009

Bummer

My trainer cancelled our lesson. We're going to try again tomorrow at 5:30.

Besides that, both boys have been working well. Albert is ready for this show. He's fit, supple, and knows what is expected of him. He just gets a little excitable at home, and if he thinks he's made a mistake he gets tense. Now he just needs to calm down a bit and listen in the show ring and we're all set.

I rode Kaswyn in the double bridle yesterday for the first time in probably four years. He felt pretty decent, and we worked on elements of the Fourth level and Prix St George tests. I had to give him a bit of a spank because he was late four times in a row for the flying change from left to right. My left leg is much weaker than my right and he gets into the habit of blowing it off. We were doing really well there for a few weeks but he's back to being way too casual about it. When I ride tomorrow I'm going to have to be firm about his reactions to my left leg. Otherwise I know we're going to miss a change at the show and that will really annoy me! He knows better than that.

So here's hoping I get my lessons tomorrow. 12 days until the show!

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Too bad about the lesson cancellation. I'm sure you will all do fine in the show.

Anonymous said...

I hope you get a chance to video your test at the show and maybe post it to your blog? We'd love to see you guys!

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr