Thursday, July 29, 2010

Anxiety

Our daughter Macey is sick. Macey is a puker. I don't do puke.

If you'll recall, I'm an emetophobe, which means I have an unreasonable fear of vomit. I wrote about it here, here, and here. I did some work with a therapist about this, and recently did some relaxation exercises to help keep me calm the next time I have to be in a puke-related situation. I think that time is going to be today.

Right now Craig is home with Macey, but he has to leave in a few hours so I'll be home alone with her. And I'll have to deal with it if she pukes. By myself.

I hope I get through it. The whole idea of being scared of vomit is absurd and completely terrorizing at the same time.

Should be a fun afternoon. Yeah, not really.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I didn't know there was a term for the fear of vomit! I have the exact same thing (except I have no idea what triggers my panic, I have never had a seizure) ...

L. Ibido said...

Anxiety is the thing that happens in every mother. When they take care about their children’s. This us natural thing that happen in every women.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr