Friday, January 23, 2009

Wait, what?

The other night just after dinner Lily decided she needed to sing. She picked a Christmas carol - Deck the Halls. She began -

"Deck the halls with balls of holly
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Tis the season to be jolly
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Tom the bar room shore aganzy..."

I said "Wait, wait. What was that last line?"

She said "I'll sing it again!"

"Deck the halls with balls of holly
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Tis the season to be jolly
Fa la la la la, la la la la
Tom the bar room shore aganzy..."

Trying not to laugh, I said "That last part, does it go 'tom the bar room shore aganzy?' "

Smiling, she nods vigorously "Yep! Want me to sing it again?"

"Sure honey, and we have to make sure you sing it for Daddy when he gets home."

Craig's reaction was much the same as mine, which prompted Lily to say "That's how it goes, right?"

Craig said "Not exactly, but it's close enough." Then he looked at me like I'd be able to explain. But really, I have no idea who Tom is, or where the Aganzy Bar is. I'm assuming it's down the shore.

3 comments:

csantoni said...

What kind of ignorant children are you raising? Everybody knows the Aganzy Bar is at Third and State, not down the shore.

Dressage Mom said...

Thanks Chris! This is why it's so helpful to know someone who is knowledgeable about the gay bar scene.

Rising Rainbow said...

LOL, I don't know whose funnier the kid with her lyrics or the adults with their reactions.....LOL

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr