Saturday, November 29, 2008

YeeHa Pony!

I hadn't been able to ride Kaswyn since last Sunday because of a couple of things. First, I was going to ride on Tuesday but I was in a rental car that wasn't a four wheel drive like my truck, and since it was snowing and the roads were bad out by the barn I decided not to get stuck in the teeny car they gave me. I had a rental because of my accident (which you can read about here) while my car was getting fixed. Then Wednesday was tests at the hospital day (which I will catch you all up on, really I will), and Thursday was Thanksgiving. I had to work Thanksgiving, plus Friday and all weekend, and then Monday through next Friday. Yeah, that will be fun!

Anyway, I got to ride K man on Friday, and boy howdy did he feel good. I guess it took a bit longer to heal from the hock injections, or it was good for him to just be turned out for a few days and heal that way, because I felt like I had my old pony boy back. He was full of energy and a little sassy, with that "I know what I'm doing, cause I'm AWESOME!" attitude. So fantastic.

I'm looking forward to lessons and shows! Yay for hock injections and Legend! I hope my shadbelly still fits...

2 comments:

Kathleen @ ForgingAhead said...

I just read through your entire Of Roses, Red and Black story...wow. Beautifully told tragic tale.

Katee said...

Great news that you had a good ride! I hate it when life gets super busy and interferes with our riding schedules.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr