Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Good knees and crusty eyes

It's amazing, but Kaswyn was sound both Saturday and Sunday. Right after the vet visit I was instructed to work him to the left only, because the injured area of bone is on the inside of the left leg. Working him to the left will relieve the pressure on that area. It's been so strange to only ride my horse one direction because it's always been drilled into me that you must work equally both directions in order to built the horse equally on both sides.

However, I just got off the phone with Dr. G, and he recommends that I work him 2/3 of the time to the left, and 1/3 of the time to the right. He wants me to keep him in light work, which is hard when he feels so good, but I'll do it. He also wants me to continue with the meds and the Surpass, plus add cold hosing after exercise. He wants to continue this program for 2 weeks, and then I'm to call with an update. At that time he wants to try and reduce the meds and see how he does. If we can get him off the meds, then we can eventually increase his work.

This is all very exciting! I know, I know, I can't get too excited. But I just can't help it. I can't wait to ride tonight!

Oh, and Lily has pinkeye. Which means that Craig is going to get an eye abcess or something, because he can't get anything the girls have unless he gets it ten times worse. Craig took her to work with him today, armed with portable DVD player, DVD's, books, and toys. That should be fun. For her.

1 comment:

Lil Kate said...

I'll be looking forward to hearing Craig's version of events in a future blog post. ;)

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr