Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Now what?

When I rode Kaswyn on Saturday he was much more lame than he had ever been. I'm starting to think that every time I inject this horse or cut him open I do more damage. I didn't write about it until now becasue I've been too upset about this whole thing.

I had a feeling that this latest round of "Do this! It will completely fix your problem!" would, in fact, not fix anything. I didn't really expect it to make him worse. The neuroma on the inside of his leg is even bigger and more sensitive, which is completely the opposite of what should have happened.

Dr. B. is coming out today to look at Kaswyn. I've decided that I just want him to evaluate the situation. I don't want any more poking or prodding until I know what's going on, because up till now everything that's been done has just made him worse. When we have a firm diagnosis, I think I'm going to try and take him to a neurosurgeon to fix these neuromas. Depending, of course, on how much that will cost. I just want the next treatment to work, already. I just can't do this anymore.

2 comments:

Amaranth said...

Sorry to hear about Kaswyn's bad luck. Don't forget to have patience in his healing, too. It's hard to see your friend in pain, but maybe it's not meant to be fixed. Sometimes time can be the best cure. Take the time to consider all the implications of the treatment, before jumping in. Prayers to you both.

dressagemom said...

It looks like I'll have to have at least two months of patience. :)

Thanks for the well wishes.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr