Monday, October 22, 2007

Eight things you don't know about me.

I've been tagged! Show Your Pony challenged me to come up with eight things that people probably don't know about me. So off we go..

1) I don't like nuts in things. I like selected types of nuts on their own - peanuts, cashews, almonds, and macadamia nuts - but nuts do not belong in ice cream, cookies, cakes, icings, or fudge. The only exceptions are Hershey bars with almonds and Snickers. Walnuts and pecans are the devils kidney stones. Do not give them to me in anything or on anything edible.

2) I don't like brownies. Yes, I know they are the epitome of chocolately goodness, but they have that "brownie" taste. And I realize that they are one short step away from being cake. However, they are not cake. If I want cake I will eat cake, not a cake-like brownie.

3) Despite doing their best to get me out of this silly horse business, my parents and I have a really good relationship now. We talk three or four times a week. I remember a time when I wouldn't speak to my parents for weeks, and when they'd call I'd procrastinate about calling them back. I think having them accept the fact that I'm a horse person and even get involved with my purchase of Kaswyn really healed a lot of the gap between us, at least on my end.

4) I hate peppers. Hot, green, yellow, orange, red.. any kind. They are like giant stink bugs that permeate whatever dish they are in with their sickening vile bug juice.

5) I suck at playing instruments. I tried the flute in 5th grade and almost passed out trying to get it to make any sound at all. Then I took piano lessons for six months before the piano teacher told my parents to stop wasting their money and her time.

6) I have been clinically diagnosed with mononucleosis...twice! Supposedly you can only get it once, but I have had two positive blood tests for it. The first time I didn't feel sick at all, I just had huge swollen glands. The second time was years later and I couldn't even get out of bed. It sucked.

7) This past week I was involved in a situation with a police officer that could have sent me to jail for thirty days. I'll probably write an entry on this at some point, but right now it's too scary. When I can laugh about it, I'll write about it. Needless to say, by some miracle I won't be going to jail.

8) I'm taking pictures with my horse today! Yay! So I need to get a move on and get to the barn.

Right now I'm going to tag Wiola. I'll have to think of more people later! I gotta go!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

:) Interesting challenge:) I had a go!

Unknown said...

Thanks for playing!

Rising Rainbow said...

I don't like peppers either although I've never thought of them as being sink buggish. lol

This eight things is really getting around. Sooner or later it should run out of horse blogs, don't you think? lol

What kind of pictures with your horse? AND are you watching the US Nationals on the computer??

Dressage Mom said...

We took portraits with his trophies and rose blankets since I haven't gotten around to doing that yet. We also took some great ones of him at liberty. When I get them I'll post some here.

And no, I didn't get to see Nationals live! I forgot about it and then I couldn't get the link to work. My computer at home is tempermental. :P

Unknown said...

Ooo, can't wait to see the pictures!

EquineSpirit said...

I am totally with you on number 1! Number 7 sounds...ummm...interesting...LOL! Looking forward to seeing pics of Kaswyn!! :D

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr