Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Thanksgiving, the short version

Very shortened, because I'm seriously beat.

Went to work this morning for about and hour, and while I was there OSU called and said I could come fetch Kaswyn who was eating, pooping and looking like he was ready to go home. The lovely Laura Goldman of the USA Para Dressage Team said she'd keep me company on my drive.

I picked her up at 10:30 am. The drive to Columbus is 2.5 hours. I got home at 7:00 pm. You know how that goes . . . a five hour drive turns into an 8.5 hour endeavor when horses are involved.

It rained the whole way down and back. It only stopped when we pulled into the barn at home, and just long enough for me to unload Kaswyn and his stuff. Then it picked up again. When I left the barn he was in his stall, bandaged, blanketed, and content.

Had to park the trailer (borrowed from Z, thanks lady!) in the dark, which was tricky since it's in a tight spot and needs to be parked correctly so that other people can hitch their trailers. I hope I did it right.

So Kaswyn gets complete stall rest for two weeks, liberally sprinkled with bute for a week or so. After two weeks he gets hand walked twice a day for ten minutes. Oh how we LOVE to hand walk! Whee! Then it's back to full work.

Prognosis is really unknown at this point. We'll know in a month.

Oh and I missed turkey dinner. Not like it's a big loss, since I don't really like turkey, but I miss my family. I just hope my hubby brings me some of his home-made cranberry sauce and leftover rolls from his mom's house. Cause that sounds pretty good right now.

Happy Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!

Thought about you a lot these last few days. I sure hope this all works out with Kaswyn, I know how much it means to you.

Also somehow you dropped off my goggle reader. When I tried to plug you back in goggle told me there was no feed at this address. Did you change your settings? or is Goggle doing weird things again??

Achieve1dream said...

I'm glad he's safe and sound! Sorry the weather was miserable and you missed Thanksgiving dinner. My family didn't even have one this year so at least you aren't alone. :)

Val said...

You had to do all that driving on Thanksgiving! Wow! How did you meet up with Laura G.?
Happy Thanksgiving!

Jen said...

So glad your man is doing well (and I know he's glad to be home :o) Sounds like you have plenty to be thankful for this year girl! *grin*.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr