Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Because someone had to

I wrote a post about my riding, and got very excited about my next rides. Then I got to the barn on Tuesday, all set to ride, and this is what I saw in the arena.






Awww yeah. The sawdust delivery came. And the sawdust room is such that the dumptruck can pull into the arena and dump the load of sawdust right into the sawdust room. Unfortunately it doesn't all go into the sawdust room, and so it must be shoveled. Since I am the only one who rides in the arena, I'm the one who has to shovel it if I want an unimpeded ride.

I started shoveling at 3:55. By 5:00, here is what the pile looked like.






Done!

After shoveling sawdust for an hour I was too pooped to ride. I turned both horses out together and picked their stalls, then headed home. I will ride them today instead. At least I got some exercise!

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Well that stinks. Nothing worse than having to do all that work and then be too pooped to ride. Hope they appreciate all you did.

Achieve1dream said...

LOL At least you can laugh about it. :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Oh, you are dedicated. That's a lot of work to ride.

Jessica Friday said...

LOL. Not having had a full time job in the industry for a few years, this really brings back some memories. Thanks for sharing :)

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr