Sunday, October 09, 2011

Barn fun

So my lesson was cancelled for Thursday (booo!)

But it was rescheduled for tomorrow! (yaaay!)

In the meantime, I took the girls to the barn to "help" with with turning both horses out and cleaning their stalls.

The result?

They were both shoveling the bedding around. It's sawdust, so it's a little finer than shavings, but it's clean bedding. I told them they could move it around but not spread it all over the place. I filled my wheelbarrow up with clean bedding and went to bed the stalls. When I came back, here is what I saw...



Macey, totally buried in sawdust, complete with a healthy portion in her hair. Then...



Lily, the instigator, clean (for the moment). The second my back was turned, as I put the wheelbarrow away, it was Lily's turn to get buried by Macey, so...



UGH. Showers for everyone when we got home. They had sawdust EVERYWHERE, even in their girl parts. Two days later and I'm still brushing shavings out of their hair.



Note to self. Next time make sure to clearly define what "playing in the sawdust pile" really means.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Only kids can turn stall Cleaning into a day at the beach! You've won an award over at my blog!

Anonymous said...

ooohhhh my goodness! those pics are adorable & hilarious. what cute girls!!

Minus Pride said...

This made me laugh...too cute!!!
PS- You have an award at my blog!!

hammerhorses said...

Oh! How cute! I have an almost 3yo and my trainer also has an almost 3yo - they regularly make "hay pile forts" all around the barn, it's funny and the horses love to hunt them down and eat the piles on the way to their stalls!

Anonymous said...

My son saw these pictures, he's 8, and I was a little worried it might give him an idea at our barn, but thankfully he said" "That doesn't look like so much fun, shavings in your clothes." That's a relief! But very cute pictures.

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr