Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Yesterday was good. Today, not so much.

Yesterday I spent giving the filthy horses Miracle Groom baths. I had gotten kind of lax about keeping them Miracle Groomed, and they were absolutely filthy. By the time I was done there was enough time for me to lunge both boys and clean their stalls.

I knew I would not be able to work them today, because I has another surgery - an ablation on my uterus. For those who are unfamiliar, it's a procedure where they insert a balloon into your uterus and fill the balloon with hot water to destroy the lining of the uterus. This is supposed to stop the heavy bleeding that I have every month. Unfortunately this is the second one that I've had, since the first one didn't work. It helped decrease the excessive bleeding from six days down to three, but still three days of hemorrhaging is too many.

Everyone told me that the operation would be a breeze, and that I'd just have mild cramping. Ha! Mild cramping my a$$. It hurt, pretty damn bad,and I had a very hard time coming out of the anesthesia.

There is how I looked after my surgery while I was in recovery-

Eventually Craig said "look, you just need to tell them what they need to hear so that I can get you home to take the drugs that you know will work. Better for you to suffer at home where I can take care of you then have you here where they can't do anything else for you."

So we headed home and I was shocked at how painful the cramps were. They were about a 7 or 8 on the pain scale, with 10 being unbearable screaming pain. Thankfully I had klonopin at home and I took two of those puppies and slept for hours. Now I'm awake and as it's wearing off I'm starting to hurt again. I took my klonopin a few minutes ago and I think it's starting to kick in. Soon I will be sleeping, blissfully unaware of the pain in my uterus.

I was supposed to go back to work on Thursday but I don't know if I'll be able to make it. Right now I'm still bleeding moderately and cramping also, so if I don't feel much better by tomorrow afternoon I'm calling off of Thursday. I know my boss won't be happy about it but I just can't work like this.

I was going to ride tomorrow but that just isn't gong to happen. I'll have to ask Susan if she can lunge the boys, but if she is working that just won't happen. Ah well. I'm sure they will be fine with three days off. That's assuming I'm back to normal by Friday. If not then something else might be wrong and I'll have to make a visit to my doc. Here's hoping I'm normal by Friday so I can ride, and avoid a doctor visit. :)


jennybean79 said...

I hope you feel better soon :( It's no fun at all to be in so much pain. YUCK!

Crystal said...

yikes, heres hoping you are feeling better soon.

achieve1dream said...

That really sucks! I hope you're feeling better today and I hope it's a success this time.

Wiola said...

Lots of healing vibes over to you - all sounds very painful!

Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr