Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Short update

It's been over a week since I started exercising Kaswyn again. I've been slowly increasing the amount of trot work that we do and we're up to about 10 minutes. And he feels great! Not lame, very willing, eager to go. Of course he's a little tired after 10 minutes because he's so out of shape, but I think we're on the road back.

Next week I'll add cantering. I'm so excited I could bust.

Oh, and a bit of little girl news. Macey - our 19 month old - went pee-pee on the potty this morning. Now, her older sister, Lily (who is three), is not interested in potty training. When I asked her why she won't poop on the potty she said "I like to poop in my pants." Nice. Maybe we can get Macey out of diapers and Lily, out of shame, will start using the potty too.

Wish me luck on both fronts.

5 comments:

Karen S. said...

I am not sure about your nineteen month old, but here is what worked for my two year old son. When I was researching potty training a common theme seemed to be praise and positive reinforcement. I came across a website called www.pottytrainingrewards.com. We hung it in the kitchen and named the little boy on the front of the package, Bobby. My son could not wait to go to the potty so he could push the button, hear the praising message, and get his chocolate reward from, Bobby. It really got my son excited about using the potty himself and it was fun for him. Because he became so involved, potty training was easy. So give it a try.
Good Luck!

Rising Rainbow said...

Oh, potty training days, I don't miss those at all. Sounds like I could have used this kit with Bobby.

Good luck with legging your horse up and the PT.

Dressage Mom said...

Thanks. It's going to be hard not to work Kaswyn too hard or too fast when he feels so good.

And the potty training? Well, I have no control over how fast or slow that goes. :) My pediatrician once told me there were three things you could not force children to do - eat, sleep, and poop. The first two we have down pat..and they do the last one, just not on command.

craig said...

Hmm... can't say as I approve of the saucy fashion in which the potty reward girl is flashing her knickers.

And... *A* piece of chocolate? For our kids? Maybe if the thing vended a candy *bar* ...

Dressage Mom said...

..and two yogurts and a banana and some cheese and jello...

 
Header Image from Bangbouh @ Flickr